Thanks for your interest in joining Team Winter!
Who Can Join?
- Anyone young or old can join Team Winter
- You don’t need to be a runner or a triathlete
- Team Winter is open to anyone in any sport, soccer-wrestling- skiing-baseball—just let us know your sport
- Get your team involved—Football, hockey, swim, golf (Team Winter has special stickers for helmets, custom swim caps—just let us know your idea)
- You don’t even need to be an athlete. You can just fundraise for Team Winter as a passion –whether it is through your school, a local organization or just “you” as an individual
- Fundraise in honor or in memory of a friend or family member affected by prostate cancer
Benefits of Joining Team Winter
- You will be part of a Nationwide Team- “Team Winter”. This is a great opportunity for kids and adults, who are from smaller towns and communities, that might not have running or triathlon clubs. This is the perfect way for you to feel connected. Whether it be at a marathon, local 5K, Ironman or IronKids event, you will be amongst other teammates and be part of one of the largest up and coming teams and non-profit charities.
- You will be part of a national campaign by Team Winter to raise awareness for prostate cancer
- Your fundraising will earn you limited edition Team Winter race gear
Team Winter Goals
- Raise awareness for Prostate Cancer through Team Winter and by getting blue ribbons on products
- Raise money to help fund Prostate Cancer Research
- Promote a healthy and active lifestyle, especially for kids, to help reduce the growing childhood obesity epidemic
- Encourage kids to make a difference and be passionate about a cause.
- Money raised goes directly into Prostate Cancer Awareness & Prostate Cancer Foundation’s research programs
What can you earn?
- Kids who raise $250 will be eligible to receive a limited edition Team Winter triathlon, cycling or running top
- Adults who raise $500 will be eligible to receive a limited edition Team Winter triathlon, cycling or running top
- Other Team Winter gear will be awarded for donations beyond this amount
During September 2013 you can also take part in the Teamwinter S1X virtual charity run. Learn more here.